In 2018 we managed to squeeze in a few overnight adventures, but not as many as we would’ve liked. We managed a few bothy trips, had a couple of wild camps, and did a fortnight of campervanning around the Highlands, but we felt we could’ve done more so when the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve we felt a twinge of disappointment in ourselves that the year hadn’t been more active.
With that in mind, and since it’s the time of year to set resolutions we’ve decided to set ourselves a goal of having at least one overnight adventure every month, and we’d like to invite you all along.
Each adventure will involve:
- Set off after work (usually 6pm) to somewhere within around a 1 hour drive of Newcastle
- Walk / ride / run up to a bothy / wild camp location
- Have a blast drinking, eating and laughing til sleep time
- Either head back to work the following morning, or do a walk / ride / run
We’ve got a few locations in mind, and dates are to be confirmed (because they’ll largely depending on Hogs shifts at work), so here’s a rough 6 month plan for now:
- JANUARY: Wild camp – Lamb Hill Mountain Refuge Hut in the Cheviots
- FEBRUARY: Bothy – Spithope near Byrness
- MARCH: Bothy – Flittingford on the edge of Kielder
- APRIL: Wild camp – Blawearie at Old Bewick
- MAY: Wild camp – Auchope Cairn on Cheviot
- JUNE: Wild camp – Howick Haven beach for the Summer Solstice
So what do you say? Does anyone fancy joining us for some mini adventures?
If you’re interested, or just curious for now, why not drop us a line. <— link